On April 23, representatives from Stop Smart Meters UK spoke to British MP’s about the clear and present risks which ‘smart’ meters would impose upon British families.
Dr Liz Evans spoke of health effects, saying there are hundreds of studies showing “evidence of harm could be acute”, including possible “chronic effects from long term exposure such as cancer, infertility, dementia, genetic damage, immune system dysfunction and damage to foetuses”.
IT systems consultant Mike Mitcham added newly uncovered information about the dangers of hacking vulnerabilities and privacy violations caused by the new meters installations.
On May 10, the UK Government announced that the ‘smart’ meter installations throughout the country will be delayed by more than a year.
* * *
- Stop Smart Meters UK: “British families at risk from smart meters, [SSM! UK] tells MPs”
- The Telegraph [24 April]:
- BBC [10 May]: “Smart Meter Project is Delayed”
- The Register [30 April]: “Crap computers in a crap box: Smart-meter blackouts risk to UK”
- Published paper [Prof. Ross Anderson, Cambridge University]: “Who controls the [Smart Meter] ‘off’ switch?”
Watch video of Stop Smart Meters UK presentation to British MP’s [6 eight-minute videos]:
Find out why this is currently the biggest story about to hit the global mainstream… and get notified when we launch our upcoming documentary, Take Back Your Power:
- Take Back Your Power – official site